Harper, Isaac W. (Reading, PA)
Isaac W. Harper
674 Pen Street *2
- (1835) Morton Montgomery's History of Berks County, Pennsylvania, 1909 edition, pp.
2.(1835-1874) Isaac W. Harper moved from Philadelphia to Reading in 1835 and established the first book bindery which he conducted until his death in 1874. His place of business was at 647 Penn street for 35 years. Mr. Harper also established the first circulating library at Reading, and carried it on until he died. He
had from 3,000 to 4,000 books. "History of Reading, Pennsylvania, and the anniversary proceedings of the sesqui-centennial, June 5-12, 1898" pg. 112